Monday, December 15, 2014

Why running requires courage

gif

So today I thought I would share some of the potential hazards that all runners face as they leave their homes on their daily runs. This list could change based on the locations of your daily runs, but these are a few that I've experienced on more occasions than one. These are some reasons why it requires courage just to step out the front door.

  1. Loose dogs. This is especially dangerous if you live in a small town and owners never lock up their dogs. I swear I've probably pr'd my 5k in some of my daily runs just to save my own life. 
  2. Right along with loose dogs I would include running trails by yourself, hearing those wild animals closing in with each step is downright terrifying. 
  3. So maybe you haven't experienced either of these hazards, well this is one that can't be avoided. Uneven surfaces. I don't know if you have ever been running with a friend who is running a little slower than you, and you turn around to talk to them and you end up getting this scar to always remind you of that run. If you haven't well you were probably doing something right.
  4. Similarly, another danger runners face is their own blessed speed. Whether it's coming out of the blocks too fast or passing off the baton, each situation will probably leave you with a bruise.
So these are a few that I came up with, what are some of the potential hazards that you've experienced on your runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment