Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lambs Canyon Trail


Finally after years of envisioning it I made my way up the trail, just  another mile and I would accomplish this dream. My dream of running the lambs canyon trail.
So I have been visiting this canyon for my entire life and about 6 years ago I discovered that there was a trail here. I was so excited I decided I was going to go run it with my friends, but for some reason I never managed to get around to it. Recently my twin and I decided that we needed to finally do this trail. It was an awesome experience.
This trail is about two miles up and two miles back. It starts of with a bridge and the rest of the trail is a mountain dirt trail. For running, this is the best trail that I have posted yet. There are not many loose rocks, and the incline is pretty easy the during the duration of the trail. It is fairly narrow though so if you take a group you will need to run in a line. Some things that you should be aware of is that this mountain is known to have stinging nettle so make sure you are aware of your surroundings. Also during the end of August the mountain is ripe with thimble berries, which is like a mountain raspberry.
To me this trail is more about experiencing the run on the trail than it is about the view at the end. Let me know what you think.
To get to lambs canyon trail take I-80 east past east canyon, it should be the next exit to lambs canyon, but either way make sure you take the lambs canyon exit then drive for about a mile up the canyon and you should see the trail head.

3 comments: