Wednesday, October 8, 2014

About

My name is Amie Farley and I have been running for most of my life as a child I would run in our back pasture doing lap after lap, I have no idea why, but I was striving for something. When I got into high school I joined the cross country team and later the track team. Although running is something that I did as a child I had never been a consistent runner  and when I first started running in high school I was slow. In my first race I got 36 minutes for a 5k, but by the time I finished my first cross country season I had dropped down to 24 minutes. Anyone can improve and become fast but it requires diligence and strength of will, especially as an adult where you are not a part of a school team.
I continued running in college for a couple years then I took a break from running. Recently I decided that running is one of those things that I love too much. Its not something that I can just quit so I started this blog as a way to get back into running. This blog is my accountability, and it is a place where I can share all of the things that I went out and found.
My goal is that the people who read this blog will discover the joy that running is. I feel that I can express this is by sharing trails, races, workout plans and running stores.

Above all I hope that you will have a desire to go out and accomplish your running goals, or simply believe that you can be a runner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment