Tuesday, December 29, 2015

RODS 5k virtual race


RODS 5K - Virtual Race
Recently this race was posted to the facebook page and I have taken a look at it and wanted to share it with all of you.
RODS is an acronym for racing for orphans with down syndrome. The purpose of this race is to raise adoption grant funds which from what I understand makes it less of a financial burden to adopt these children. The secondary purpose of this race is to raise awareness.
Honestly before I found this posted on the page I had no idea that this was something that was needed. Not that it surprises me but it never occurred to me. I think that this is a great thing to support and I like that if you look at their website they talk about some of the people that they are trying to find families for and they also talk about those families that have adopted through their efforts.
I realize this is last minute I didn't see that the sign up ends on December 31, but this is one awesome way to end 2015 on a high note.
All pictures used are from RODS website.
This is the RODS website 
and this is the website to sign up for the race.

Be sure to let me know in the comments when you have signed up!

2 comments:

  1. I signed up yesterday! They are going to keep the registration open through January or until all the slots are filled.

    ReplyDelete