Monday, December 8, 2014

The scene you will want to be in the movie of your life

Ok if you are anything like me you watched chariots of fire when you were much younger, and you saw that scene where some guy was running on the beach, and just thought it was the coolest thing ever.
I have always wanted to go running on the beach, but I just don't live by any oceans. Luckily recently I just took a trip to California and finally checked that off of my nonexistent bucket list. Its non existent because I usually forget about all these cool things until I've done them, then I realize just how cool it was.
Anyways I decided to run on the sand both on the soft sand and on the hard sand with the waves washing up while running. It was a lot of fun, I definitely preferred running on the hard sand. probably because it made me feel pretty fast, and I did it barefoot. But I like trying new things and the soft sand was good too. After having ran it I looked up some different articles that shared the benefits of running on the beach. Here is what I found.

  • You can burn more calories this way. This is basically because more muscles are working when running on the sand in comparison with when you are running on asphalt.
  • It is more gentle on your joints, because you are not hitting the ground as hard as you would on asphalt.
  • It comes right out of a movie, so if you think your life should be a movie then this scene could be in it.
  • Its may prevent certain injuries if you incorporate it into your running gradually.
What are your thoughts? what benefits have you seen from running on the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment