Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Run the year 2016

2016 bibs-23

I've been giving it some thought recently and I've realized that if I'm not setting goals and working on them; then I'm not really living. Living is progressing as a person. In order to progress there has to be something to aspire to such as a dream or a goal. So when I found this event on Facebook I thought this would be the perfect dream to aspire to and it's only fitting that it should be one of my New Years Resolutions for 2016. This event is the Run the year 2016. It's a fairly simple event. You do it on your own time and in your own way. Wether it is individually or with the combined efforts of some friends. You just have to reach 2016 miles.  It's really awesome because they have this online community of people all striving for the same goal. To reach those 2016 miles. Some cool features on their website  are a mileage log, different trainings for the most common running events 5k, half marathon and a marathon. They have a nutrition section and an online store and so much more. This is an event where you are sure to have a community of support
I will be logging my miles with their mileage tracker, but I will also be logging it here so I am accountable to all of you.
This is the goal that I have set. I will be posting my miles weekly. Let me know in the comments if you've signed up and be sure to share your miles on your journey here as well!

To sign up go to http://www.runtheyear2016.com
All of the images used on this article are from the website mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment