Sunday, August 24, 2014

Lone peak park

As I was looking for a place to tell you about this week my siblings and I found Lone Peak Park. This is an enjoyable park with a paved trail. I really liked the quiet feel to the park. It has a couple of small playgrounds, and some tree coverage along the paved trail. It is just off of 7th east in Sandy, but there is just enough space between the street and the trail to allow a quiet run. The trail is relatively flat with one big loop, but there is another paved trail splitting the loop. For the full loop it is .69 miles, or if you take the side of the loop with the soccer fields the loop is .54 miles. If you are a beginner looking to build a foundation of running or if you are looking to do some intervals this is a great choice.
Let me know if you have any trails that you would like me to feature in my blog in the coming weeks.
I included some pictures from the trail so you can know what to expect.





1 comment:

  1. It's also great because it is mostly grass!

    ReplyDelete