Ok so last week we focused on our habits we have now and our habits we had in high school. We specifically talked about rewards and social life. If you haven't read last week's article be sure to read it before you read this one. It will help you to see where you were, and where you are now.
Today I wanted to talk about what we are doing now to accomplish the goal of becoming a fitness champ. For me fitness is relatively simple it comes from an active lifestyle, and from good nutritious food choices.
I know that sometimes it appears that living an active lifestyle is hard. Sometimes the thought of the requirement makes it seem like something that I don’t want to do, like training to climb Mount Everest. Of course knowing that we climbed it would be awesome but may not be worth the cost as we are watching our favorite show on TV. But I can tell you that it doesn’t have to be that way. It could be far simpler. Some fun things that you can do to be active are: playing soccer, playing tag, playing basketball, hands up stands up, dancing, skating, roller lading, sledding, snow boarding, skiing, hiking, snow shoeing, and going for an evening walk. Really its any fun thing that requires you to get off the couch. None of these things are particularly hard, but they make a difference.
If living an active lifestyle seems hard, making good nutrition choices seems even harder. Those cookies taste so good I just can’t give them up. Nutrition doesn’t have to be painful to our souls. These are 5 small things that you can do to eat just a little bit healthier.
1. Cook at home instead of eating out.
2. Replace sour cream for plain Greek yogurt.
3. Eat whole wheat instead of white, and brown rice instead of white.
4. Switch soda for juice, or water.
5. Include either a fruit or a vegetable with every meal.These are some ideas that my siblings and I came up with. What are some fun activities that you do? What are some life hacks that you have for nutrition? Wherever you are at now is just the starting line to becoming fit. You can reach your goals!